Preparation time : 70 min. | Serves 8 pasties
This chicken pasty recipe is more or less similar to puff chicken patties but in this case veggies are also used in the filling and you don’t need to cook it. These chicken pasties are double in size as compare to other pasties hence can be served either by cutting into pieces or simply present it as it is with sauce.
2 lb pastry dough
1 egg (beaten)
1 tsp water
1 lb cooked boneless chicken (cubed)
3 medium potatoes (chopped)
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 medium carrot (chopped)
¼ cup water
¾ tsp salt
1 tsp chicken powder
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To prepare pasty filling combine all ingredients of filling and set aside.
3. Divide the dough into eight equal pieces and roll each piece to 6-7 inch circular shape.
4. Whisk together egg and water; put 2-3 tbsp of prepared filling in the center of the rolled dough, brush the edges of the dough with beaten egg and the lift the two opposite sides and bring on top of the stuffing, join together by pressing the edges tightly. Similarly prepare rest of the pasties.
5. Place the pasties in a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for up to 60 min until become light brown from top.
photo source : 1