Preparation time : 50 min. | Serves 8 persons
This cheeseburger soup recipe is a nutrition rich soup recipe that is a complete meal having all the essential proteins, fats and vitamins. You can also add mushrooms to the soup and eliminate topping of sour cream to make it more healthy diet.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3/4 lb ground beef
1 onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 carrots (diced)
2 stalks celery (diced)
4 cup chicken broth
2 potatoes (peeled and diced)
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp minced parsley
Pepper to taste
For White Sauce:
2 tbsp butter
¼ cup flour
1 ½ cup milk
8 oz American cheese (cubed)
¼ cup sour cream
1. Saute onion and garlic in oil for just 2 min until become tender.
2. Add beef and cook until beef become brown and all the water released from the meat would become dry.
3. Now add carrots and celery and cook about 5-10 min.
4. Add chicken broth, seasoned salt, pepper and potatoes and simmer for 20-30 min until potatoes become tender.
5. Meanwhile prepare white sauce, for that you need to melt butter and roast flour with butter until pleasant roasted smell starts to come then slowly add milk and stir constantly, cook the sauce until it gets thick.
6. Add the sauce to the soup and stir well when soup starts bubbling add cheese and let it melt.
7. When soup becomes thick and all cheese melts completely remove the pan from heat, take it out in serving bowl, pour some sour cream on top and sprinkle some fresh parsley.
photo source : 1