Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 4 persons
This pan fried steak recipe is served with white sauce gravy which is prepared in the same butter in which steaks are fried so that gravy also has the flavor of steak. It can also be prepared with beef.
2 lb thick chicken steak
2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
2 tbsp milk
¼ cup unbleached flour
Salt and pepper to taste
½ tbsp paprika
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup milk
1 cup water
¼ cup flour
Salt to taste
1 tsp chicken powder
1 tsp black pepper
1. Dry steak pieces with paper towel then using meat pounder or tenderizer flatten the steaks to quarter inch thickness.
2. After that cut the pieces to desired sizes and then marinate with lemon juice and paprika.
3. In a mixing bowl whisk together milk and eggs.
4. Sift together flour, salt and pepper.
5. Now dip one by one each piece in egg-milk mixture and then coat with flour mixture.
6. Heat butter in a skillet at medium heat and fry steaks in batches till become golden brown and crispy from both sides.
7. To prepare gravy, whisk together milk and water and set aside.
8. Take the same skillet in which steaks were fried but remove all the scraps of flour and meat from the pan, cook flour in it at low flame for just 2 min until pleasant toasting smell starts to come.
9. Add milk mixture to the flour; stir constantly so that lumps may not form.
10. When smooth batter would form add seasoning of salt, pepper and chicken powder and cook on low flame for just 5-10 min until gravy becomes thick.
11. In serving platter, spread the pieces of pan fried steak and pour the prepared gravy over it.
photo source : 1