Preparation time: 60 mins. (approx.) | Yield 2-3 dozen bars
These Homemade Samoas Bars are nothing but a cookie-crust sandwich between caramel and chocolate layers. These bars can be stored in airtight containers for days and you can also refrigerate them to enjoy the chilled flavor of these bars.
For Cookie Base:
½ cup sugar
¾ cup butter (softened)
1 large egg
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
3 cups shredded coconut
12 oz chewy caramels
¼ tsp salt
3 tbsp milk
10 oz dark chocolate
1. To prepare cookie crust, cream together sugar and butter to make a light fluffy mixture.
2. Then beat with egg and vanilla extract and make it a little foamy.
3. Combine flour and salt and then add it gradually to the batter. Mix the batter at low speed until a wet crumbly mixture is obtained.
4. Transfer this sticky mixture to the greased rectangular baking pan and press it to make a smooth layer of crust.
5. Now bake for 20-25 mins. or until the base is set and the edges are lightly browned.
6. Meanwhile, prepare topping, for that you need to toast the coconut by spreading it onto the parchment sheet and bake in the oven for 20 mins. Keep stirring to get event roasted brown color.
7. Melt the caramels with milk and salt in the microwave on high for 2-3 mins. Stirring in between to mix the caramel well with the milk.
8. Add the toasted coconut to the caramel mixture using a spatula.
9. After that using ladle, pour the caramel mixture over the prepared crust and make it even, and then set it aside to set the topping.
10. When the Samoas get cooled to room temperature cut them into squares or bars using a knife.
11. Melts chocolate in the microwave for just 40 seconds. Dip each of the bases bars in the melted chocolate and then place them onto the parchment sheet to set the layer.
12. Pour the leftover chocolate into the piping bag and then drizzle onto the top caramel surface of the bars to give it a finish.
photo source : 1