Preparation time : 25 mins. | Serve 20
This recipe comes from Florence hence why its name Florentine Cookies. These cookies are just like caramelized biscuits as the mixture is prepared mainly with butter, nuts and glace fruits.
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 tbsp sultanas
2 oz butter
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 oz glace cherries
1 tbsp cream
Chocolate sauce for topping (optional)
1. Coarsely chopped all the nuts and glace fruits including walnuts, almonds, sultanas, cherries and ginger.
2. Put all the chopped nuts and fruits in food processor to get a finely chopped mixture.
3. In a sauce pan melt butter and then add sugar, cook on medium high heat until sugar completely dissolves and starts bubbling.
4. When the mixture turns into golden in color remove the pan from heat and fold nuts mixture and cream in it.
5. Now spread greased wax paper on a baking tray and put 2 tablespoon of prepared mixture onto it, keep distance between each cookie mixture.
6. Place the tray in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for just 10 mins. until become golden brown in color.
7. When florentine cookies have been baked cool them to room temperature and then transfer to serving plate using flat spatula so that they should not break. Sprinkle some grated dark chocolate on top and then serve with tea or coffee.