Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 20 cookies
This nankhatai recipe is from South Asian cuisine and these are one of famous eggless sugar cookies in this region. It has two different recipes but the result are almost same, in some recipes rice flour is used with all purpose flour while in most recipes semolina is used, the main purpose of using them is to make nankhatai crisp so you can use anyone of the above but the ratio will differ i.e. 1:2 for semolina and flour and 1:3 for rice flour and flour.
7 oz all purpose flour
3.5 oz semolina (fine)
5 oz ghee or clarified butter
5 oz Powdered sugar
1 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp Pistachios(finely chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat ghee and sugar together for 5-20 mins. until a thick white mixture would form.
3. Sift together flour, semolina and baking powder and mix it in the sugar mixture to make soft smooth dough. If necessary add little amount of milk to the mixture so that the dough would become soft.
4. Make small ball off lemon size using this dough and place them on greased baking pan. Sprinkle some chopped pistachio and cardamom powder onto the top of each ball.
5. Place the tray in oven for 15-20 mins until become done. Make sure that every ball is placed 5 cm apart.
photo source : 1