Preparation time : 90 mins. | Serves 8 persons
This cherry tart recipe is prepared in almost the same fashion as other tart or pies except the flavor of cherries. You may also add other fruit in this particular recipe along with cherries like apples or peaches which also enhances the flavor.
1 oz self raising flour
Pinch of salt
4 tbsp caster sugar
6 oz butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg (slightly beaten)
Milk as required
1 can cherry (pitted)
1-2 bread slices (cubed)
1/2 cup walnuts (crushed)
4 oz caster sugar
Pinch of cinnamon powder
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup cream
1. To prepare dough for tart, combine all ingredients of dough except milk and knead it nicely using milk until soft smooth dough would form. Then leave it on fridge for at least half an hour.
2. Now roll out the dough using rolling pin according to the size of your pie dish and then place it carefully at the base and sides of the pie dish.
3. Using fork, make some marks at the base so that the dough would not rise while baking.
4. Spread the cubed bread slices over the dough, then make layer of pitted cherries.
5. Beat cream and caster sugar till become fluffy, then fold it nicely with egg yolks and cinnamon powder.
6. Pour this mixture over the cherries and sprinkle crushed walnuts on top. Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 mins. at 350 degrees F till become light golden from top.
photo source : 1