Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 3 cup almost
This pastry cream is usually used as pastry filling or éclairs filling but can also be used for other purposes like cake stuffing, pie stuffing or any dessert which require cream or custard. Here is given vanilla pastry cream recipe which can be altered as chocolate cream by adding un sweetened melted chocolate to the batter in the end.
2 ¼ cup milk
4 egg yolks
2/3 cup sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ cup flour
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1. In a sauce pan boil 2 cup of milk leaving ¼ cup as it is.
2. In a mixing bowl beat egg yolks, ¼ cup milk and sugar until sugar completely dissolves in the mixture and become smooth.
3. Sift together flour and corn starch.
4. Gradually add dry mixture and vanilla to the yolk mixture and mix using spatula until become smooth batter.
5. Now slowly add hot milk to the batter so that lumps would not form and then boil this batter until gets thick consistency. Stir in between so that batter should not stick to the base of pan.
6. Cook it for just 3-4 min at low heat after boil and then pour in the suitable bowl. Don’t forget to cover the bowl to avoid forming skim layer on top and then chill it in fridge.
photo source : 1