Preparation time : 20 min. + 2 hrs. Refrigeration time | Serves 8 persons
This lemon chiffon pie is another addition to our pie recipes. It is slightly different form other pie recipes as it doesn’t need to cook or bake, it is prepared by refrigeration and the topping is prepared by gentle beating of the ingredients mentioned below.
9-inch graham cracker crust (baked and cooled)
3 oz Jell-O (lemon flavor)
2/3 cup evaporated milk
½ cup whipped cream
1 tsp lemon rind
1½ cup fruit juice
1. Prepare Jell-O according to the package instructions except add fruit juice instead of water and then chill in a mixing bowl until become firm.
2. After that using electric beater beat the firm jell-O to break it into small pieces.
3. Add evaporated milk and beat again until mixture would get thick and gain some volume.
4. Then fold the mixture with whipped cream and lemon rind and pour over the pie crust. Refrigerate for 1-2 hrs. until sets completely.
5. Serve the cool delicious lemon pie by cutting it into pieces.
photo source : 1