This recipe for frozen custard is prepared with vanilla flavor which you can easily replace it with other fruit flavors like orange, pineapple, banana, etc. But in that case you need to mix the flavor at the time when you add cream to the batter. You can serve it with any kind of topping like sauce and fruits.
2 cup milk
3 egg yolk
1 cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 cup light cream
4 tsp vanilla
1. Over a double boiler heat milk below its boiling point.
2. Meanwhile in a mixing bowl combine egg yolks, sugar and salt and mix well.
3. Pour the heated milk over the yolk mixture and mix well. Transfer the batter into the sauce pan and cook it on double boiler.
4. Stir the batter constantly to avoid sticking and when batter gets thick enough so that it coats the spoon, remove the pan from heat and cool it to room temperature and fold the batter with the cream.
5. Now you have choice to either freeze it simply by pouring it into the air tight container or freeze it in icing container.
photo source : 1