Preparation time : 70 min | Serves 6 persons
This Pumpkin Apple Pie is one of a delicious pie recipe. In this recipe both the stuffing is prepared with pumpkin batter and apple pie filling. The recipe takes time only in baking while rest of the procedure is very simple and easy. Apple pie filling can also be prepared with peaches and raisins just like in apple strudel recipe.
1 deep dish pie crust shell
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp corn starch
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1 egg (beaten)
1/3 cup sugar
3 cup apple (peeled and thinly sliced)
¾ cup pumpkin (peeled, cleaned, pureed)
1/8 tsp cloves
¼ tsp ginger
¾ cup milk
½ tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Prepare apple sauce first, for that you need to cook together brown sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, ¼ tsp salt, 1 cup water, and butter over medium heat and stirring constantly until mixture starts to boil.
3. After that add apples and cook for 3-4 min.
4. In another bowl combine egg, sugar, pumpkin, remaining salt, ginger, cloves, and milk and make uniform batter.
5. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the pie crust then spread apple mixture over the pumpkin batter. Bake in preheated oven for 10 min then reduce the temperature to 375 degrees and bake for further 40 min.
photo source : 1