Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 12 persons
This Sponge roll is a low-carb dessert therefore no sugar is used in the preparation. The filling is prepared with simple lemon jello you may also use jam in the filling if you don’t want to make it low-carb dessert.
8 eggs (separated)
1 tsp stevia
1 cup ground almonds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pack Lemon jelly powder
1 ½ cup hot water
Grated lemon rind
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Beat egg yolks in a bowl until get light liquid texture.
3. Add almond powder and stevia to the beaten yolks and beat well.
4. In another mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks are formed, then add vanilla extract and mix well.
5. Now combine egg white mixture and yolk mixture using wooden spatula.
6. Pour the batter in a greased and dusted (dust with almond powder) baking pan and bake for 15-20 min in preheated oven at 325 degrees F.
7. Meanwhile cook filling ingredients for 3-4 min and then cool to room temperature stir continuously so that hard crystals of jelly would not form.
8. When the sponge has been done cool it to room temperature and then spread the prepared filling mixture over the whole sponge. Now carefully roll the sponge to make swiss roll shape, clean the sides of the roll if the filling takes out form while rolling. Cool the sponge roll in fridge for 30 min and then serve.
photo source : 1