Preparation time : 20 min + Refrigeration time | Serves 4-6 persons
This banoffee pie recipe is prepared with vanilla frosting with topping of instant coffee flavor. The delicious recipe of pie gives awesome taste if it is refrigerate properly and frosting is made properly so that soft peaks are formed.
7 oz soft caramels
¼ cup water
1 baked pie crust
3 bananas (sliced)
1 ½ cup heavy cream (chilled)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Instant coffee for topping
1. Melt caramel with water in a sauce pan over medium high heat and stir occasionally to avoid sticking the caramel at bottom of pan.
2. When caramel becomes smooth sauce, then pour it over the baked pie crust and spread evenly. Cover the pie crust with gelatin sheet and refrigerate for at least an hour until caramel sets completely.
3. Meanwhile prepare cream topping by beating whipped cream with sugar and vanilla extract at low speed for 3-5 min, then increase the speed and beat until soft peaks are formed.
4. Make a layer of banana slices over the caramel and at the sides of the crust and then spread the whipped cream attractively onto the bananas. Sprinkle some instant coffee at top and refrigerate again for 2 hours to set.
5. Serve the delicious banoffee pie with sliced bananas and caramel sauce.
photo source : 1