Preparation time : 20 min. | Serves 6-8 pancakes or more
This fluffy pancake batter is more like similar to the sponge cake batter hence its called fluffy pancake as the sponge cake batter is. The trick for making fluffy pancake is to beat egg whites separately so that stiff peaks are formed and then mix with rest of the ingredients carefully. This yummy recipe of pancake can be served as dessert if it is topped with some caramel sauce and whipped cream.
3.5 oz all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
4 eggs (separated)
1 cup buttermilk
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
Butter to grease the pan for cooking
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside the mixture.
2. In a mixing bowl combine egg yolks, buttermilk, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest and whisk until blend well.
3. Beat egg whites separately until stiff peaks are formed and then add vanilla extract in it.
4. Add the egg yolk mixture to the egg whites and mix it carefully using wooden spatula so that foams would not settle down.
5. Similarly add dry mixture to the batter and fold it nicely with the egg whites so that the batter would remain fluffy.
6. Now heat griddle pan, grease it using 1 tsp of butter and then pour ½ cup batter (or according to the size of pan) using ladle in the center of pan and immediately spread it evenly around the base of griddle to make perfect circular shape.
7. When edges of pancake starts loosen from the sides turn it and cook from other side, it would take 4-5 min to completely cook from both sides.
8. Serve the hot fluffy pancake with topping of honey or butter.
photo source : 1