Preparation time : 80 min. | Serves 4-6 persons
This pecan cake is prepared with ground pecans and is usually served with tea or coffee. It’s a bit dry cake but you can make it soft by drizzling some thin frosting like vanilla or chocolate. You may also bake it via poach method so that it become moist.
1 cup butter (softened)
13.5 oz granulated sugar
7 oz all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
3.5 oz toasted ground pecans
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of ground nutmeg
5 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugar together until gets uniform creamy texture.
3. Add eggs one by one and beat after each addition at high speed.
5. When batter becomes fluffy add flour, salt, nutmeg, pecan and vanilla and mix at low speed.
6. Take grease baking Bundt pan or loaf pan and pour the prepared batter in it.
7. Place the pan in preheated oven for 50-60 min at 350 degrees F until knife inserted comes out clean.
8. After that cool the cake at wire stand to room temperature and then serve by cutting into slices. Don’t keep this cake in open air it should be placed in air tight container to keep it moist.
photo source : 1