This prawn biryani recipe is one of delicious recipe from Pakistani cuisine and is the quickest biryani which is prepared within 45 min as prawns don’t take time to cook. The rice is boiled in the same manner as is prepared for other biryani.
½ kg prawns (cleaned and remove tail)
½ kg rice (boiled)
½ cup oil
2 medium onions (thinly sliced)
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
3 tomatoes (make paste)
Salt to taste
1½ tsp red pepper powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
½ cup yogurt
½ cup chopped coriander leaves
5-6 large green chilies
1 tsp garam masala powder
¼ tsp yellow food color dissolve in 1 tsp milk
1. Fry onions in oil till become golden brown in color.
2. Add ginger garlic paste, tomato paste, salt and red pepper and cook for 4-5 min.
3. Add cumin powder, coriander powder and yogurt and cook for 5-10 min till oil starts to separate from the gravy.
4. Add prawns and cook over high heat for 2-3 min until become pink in color.
5. In another pan spread half of the rice, pour the whole prawn gravy over it and sprinkle coriander leaves, green chilies and garam masala powder, cover it with remaining rice and sprinkle yellow food color in the center. Cover the pan tightly and cook for 5 min over high heat then reduce the flame and cook for 5 min more till steam starts to appear on the lid.
6. Delicious spicy prawn biryani is ready to serve.
photo source : 1