This Hyderabadi biryani is from Indian cuisine which tastes bit spicy. This is different from other biryani recipes, it can be made with mutton or beef but cooking time will increase accordingly. Try this delicious biryani at home and enjoy Indian food at home.
500 gm basmati rice
500 gm chicken pieces
3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp garam masala .
1 tsp red chilies
5 medium size onions (crispy fried) (divided)
3 cinnamon sticks
4 green cardamoms
2 black cardamom
3 bay leaves
6 green chilies
1 small bunch mint leaves
1 small bunch of coriander leaves
1/4 tsp saffron or orange food color (dissolved in ¾ cup
1 1/2 cup curd
2 lemon juice
Salt to taste
1/2 cup ghee or oil
1. In a blender make a smooth paste of half quantity of fried onions, red chilies, cashews, half bunch of min leaves and coriander, 2 green chilies and curd.
2. Marinate chicken in the above paste with salt, garam masala and ginger garlic paste and leave for at least 2 hours.
3. To cook rice, boil water in a separate sauce pan, add 1 cinnamon stick, 1 clove, 2 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamoms, 1 bay leaf and salt.
4. When water starts bubbling add rice and cook for just 4-5 mins until rice become half cook, then drain all the excess water and leave aside.
5. In a sauce pan, heat ghee or oil and fry remaining whole spices including cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and bay leaves for 1-2 mins.
6 Then add the marinated chicken and cook for 5-10 mins until all the water released from chicken have been dried then add 1-2 cups of water so that chicken become completely tender by simmering for 15 mins.
7. Now take a deep sauce pan and spread 2-3 table spoon of oil and yogurt at the base so that rice may not stick to the pan. Then divide rice in three equal parts and spread one part at the base of the pan.
8. Pour half of the chicken gravy onto the rice, spread some chopped coriander, mint, green chilies and fried onions. Similarly make other set of layer using rice, chicken and herbs. Cover the layer with rice, pour the saffron mixture in the center and squeeze lemon juice on top.
9. Cover the pan tightly and let it cook on high flame for 5-8 mins when enough steam starts to come in the pan then reduce the flame to very slow and cook for just 10 mins more. After that delicious spicy hyderabadi biryani is ready to serve.
photo source : 1