This Bunuelos Recipe is prepared in Mexican style and thus masa harina is used along with flour to make the batter. These bunuelos are very crisp and soft and are one of the best tea time snack item. You may also add some chopped nuts in the batter to make it more tasty.
1½ cup flour
½ cup masa harina
¼ cup milk
3 tbsp sugar
¼ cup butter
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp icing sugar for topping
1 tsp cinnamon for topping
Oil for deep frying
1. Sift together flour and baking powder and mix with masa harina.
2. In a mixing bowl cream together sugar and butter until smooth.
3. Add in the egg and milk and beat again to mix.
4. Now add flour mixture gradually to make smooth and soft dough.
5. Make small balls of 2” size and leave for 5 mins.
6. Heat oil for frying in a frying pan, add balls in batches and fry till become golden brown in color.
7. Sift together cinnamon and icing sugar and dust the fried bunuelos with the sugar mixture. Serve the warm bunuelos with tea.
photo source : 1