This summer rolls recipe is completely filled with fresh summer veggies with a delicious flavor of spicy peanut butter sauce. You can make variation in the recipe by adding some different veggies like avocado, cabbage, cilantro, etc.
4 oz vermicelli rice noodles
8-inch spring roll wrappers or rice papers
1 medium carrot (julienne)
1 small cucumber (remove seeds and julienne)
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
8 salad lettuce
For Peanut Butter Sauce:
3 tbsp finely chopped onion
1 small garlic clove (minced)
¾ tsp dried hot red pepper flakes
1 tsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
½ cup hoisin sauce
3 tbsp chili sauce
2 tsp white vinegar
¼ cup water
1 tsp tomato paste
¾ tsp sugar
1. To prepare noodles, dip vermicelli rice noodles into boiling water for 15 mins. Then drain and divide into 8 equal portions.
2. Now to make rice rolls pliable dip them in cold water for 1 min. max. then remove from water and place them over paper towel.
3. Now to prepare sauce, saute onion and garlic in oil then add all the remaining ingredients of sauce and cook till boils. Then remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
4. Now take a piece of rice paper, place a salad lettuce at the bottom corner of the roll just above 1-inch. Then spoon some prepared sauce over the lettuce top with noodles, chives and basil, start rolling reaching to half way line some carrots and cucumber, slightly fold from sides then start rolling again till end corner. Wrap the roll in wax paper or any paper towel to keep it moist.
5. Now refrigerate for at least 30 mins. to set then cut each roll into diamond shape and serve.
photo source : 1