4 oz plane flour
4 oz icing sugar
4 oz butter melted (or 2 oz oil and 2 oz butter)
2-3 tbspn milk
1 tspn baking powder
|Wilton Performance Pans Round Pan Set, 3 Inches Deep|
|Wilton Performance Pans Hexagon Pan Set|
|Wilton Petal Pan Set|
|MIU Stainless-Steel 7-Piece Measuring Cup Set|
1. Separate egg yolk and egg white.
2. Beat egg white gently with electric beater so that white smooth foam will form.
3. Add icing sugar in it and beat to form cream like texture.
4. In other bowl beat egg yolk and butter (or oil).
5. Mix both the mixture and beat for 2 minutes.
6. Mix plane flour and baking powder well in separate bowl. For better mixing pass the dry mixture through drainer so that all the air passes through the mixture.
7. Gradually mix flour in the egg mixture with wood stick.
8. Add small quantity of milk in it to make batter slightly light (thin). If pour from spoon then no batter should stick on the spoon.
9. Preheat oven at 180oC. Put the mixture in the baking bowl and bake for 20-30 minutes. To check weather the cake is done, insert knife in the cake take out if no batter stick on it, then cake is ready.
Sponge cake is served with tea or any drink like pina colada.