Preparation time : 20 min | Serves 4 persons
This country side fried steak recipe is prepared with topping of cream of mushroom soup and are simple and easy to cook. You may add flavors to the sauce according to your taste but this plain sauce gives delicious flavor with steak otherwise any other flavor may dominate over the steak flavor.
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
¾ cup buttermilk
1 cup crushed saltines
16 lb beef steaks (cubed)
3 tbsp canola oil
12 oz condensed cream of mushrooms soup
1 cup milk
1. In a mixing bowl combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
2. Dust each beef cube with flour mixture then dip in buttermilk and then coat with crushed saltines.
3. Heat oil in skillet and cook steaks for 6-8 min until become golden from both sides.
4. After that place the steaks on a serving platter and in the same skillet add soup and milk to skillet and bring to a boil, stir continuously while cooking so that sauce would not stick to the pan.
5. Pour the sauce over the skillet and serve immediately.
photo source : 1