Preparation time : 30 mins. + 5 hrs. Marinating time | Serves 4 persons
This Flank Steak Recipe is prepared by grilling method but can also be prepared on broiler. To proper cook these steaks two main points should keep in mind one is to keep distance of 5-8 inches between steak and heat and the other point is to maintain moderate heat throughout the cooking time otherwise steak would become dry.
3/4 cup pineapple juice
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/2-inch cube ginger
1 medium jalapeño pepper (seeded)
1/4 cup honey
Salt to taste
2 tbsp vegetable oil
750 gm flank steak (well trimmed)
1. In a food processor, blend together all the ingredients for marinade including pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, jalapeno, honey, salt and oil.
2. When the mixture becomes smooth paste, apply it to the flank steak and leave for 4-5 hrs. Make sure the steak is covered properly or it is better to put in air tight container.
3. Just before 30 mins, end of marinating time, preheat grill to moderate temperature.
4. Now place the marinated steak on grill and cook 5-8 mins on each side, keep temperature of grill up to moderate otherwise steak would become hard and tough.
5. When the steak cools to room temperature cut it into slices for serving.
photo source : 1