Preparation time: 8 hrs. in crockpot | Serves 6 persons
This Meatloaf In a Crockpot recipe is made with ground beef along with some mild flavors of different seasonings. This kind of meatloaf is also prepared with some vegetables like potatoes and carrots which are cooked with the meatloaf in the crockpot. You can try this recipe with ground turkey as well.
½ tsp garlic powder
1 package onion soup mix
1 tbsp butter
2 lb ground beef
1 cup processed oats or saltine cracker crumbs
¾ cup ketchup + extra for top
1 cup onion (chopped)
1 cup bell pepper (chopped)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
½ cup milk
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. In a frying pan, heat butter and sauté onion in it for just 1-2 mins. to make it soft.
2. Then add onion soup mix and garlic powder and cook for just 2 mins or more.
3. Now take a large mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients mentioned above along with the onion mixture and mix them well.
4. Take your crockpot or slow cooker pan, you may either place a liner at the base and sides of the pot or you may grease the bottom and sides of the pot with oil. Then take a foil paper and put the meat mixture on it in the form of a loaf, top the loaf with extra ketchup and carefully place it along with foil paper into the crockpot. Set the crockpot setting to low and cook it for about 7-8 hrs.
5. When the meatloaf is done, take it out from the pot and let it cool for 5 mins. then cut it into slices before serving.
photo source : 1