Preparation time : 15 min. | Serves 4 persons
This peppercorn steaks recipe is prepared with creamy sauce topping made of chicken broth, whipping cream and spring onions. You may also add some more veggies to increase the flavor of sauce. It is served hot with creamy mash potatoes.
5 tsp whole peppercorns
4 beef steaks
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp ginger powder
Salt to taste
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tsp butter
2 tbsp chopped green onion
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup whipping cream
1. Coarsely ground peppercorns using pepper mill or rolling pin.
2. Marinate each steak piece with peppercorns, ginger garlic powder and salt.
3. Heat oil in skillet and cook steaks over medium heat until become brown from both sides it would take 4-5 min.
4. After that transfer the steaks onto the serving platter and then prepare sauce.
5. Heat butter in the same skillet and sauté green onions for 2-3 min, then add chicken broth and simmer for 5-8 min until the sauce seems to slightly thick.
6. Add whipping cream to the sauce and cook on slow heat for 1-2 min, keep stirring while cooking to mix it evenly and avoid burning.
7. Add butter and let it melt, then pour the sauce over the cooked steaks and serve hot with creamy mash potatoes.
photo source : 1