Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 50 cookies (approx.)
These pineapple cookies are prepared with pineapple chunks and the delicious pineapple sugar glaze makes these cookies more tempting. You may add more pineapple chunks if you like more but in that case you may need to increase the amount of flour to make sticky dough, but this is the perfect recipe for pineapple cookies with optimum flavor.
8 oz crushed pineapple (drained and reserve juice for glaze)
½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp orange extract
2¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup unsalted butter (softened)
Reserved pineapple juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar until become light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one by one and beat to make foamy batter.
4. Add crushed pineapple and both extracts in mix well.
5. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda and then add it slowly to the batter to make uniform batter.
6. When the batter take the shape of sticky dough then drop the dough onto the greased cookie sheet leaving distance of 2-inches between each of them.
7. Place the cookie sheet in preheated oven and bake for just 10-12 min until become light golden from top.
8. Meanwhile prepare glaze for the cookies, for that beat together powdered sugar with the butter until
blended and then slowly add reserved pineapple juice until the icing gets the medium thickness (not so thin or thick), so that it easily spread over the cookies.
7. When cookies are ready cool them to room temperature then pour the prepared glaze onto the top of each cookie and leave them for few min to set.
photo source : 1