Preparation time : 30 min | Serves 6-8 pancakes
This apple pancake recipe is one of a healthy breakfast recipe specially for autumn season when different variety of fresh apples are available in the market. In this recipe cinnamon sugar caramel is used for topping you may also use cinnamon butter for more delicious flavor.
¼ cup butter (melted)
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded apple
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp butter
1. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk milk, butter and egg.
3. Now gradually add dry mixture to the milk mixture and then fold the shredded apple with the batter.
4. Take a griddle and lightly grease it with oil, heat the griddle to moderate temperature and then pour ¼ cup of prepared batter onto the pan. Cook it on slow heat when bubbles starts to appear on the surface turn the pancake and cook from other side. When the pancake becomes light golden brown form both sides take it out on serving platter.
5. To prepare topping cook together sugar, cinnamon and butter until sugar melts completely and then pour it onto the pancakes.
photo source : 1