Preparation time: 40 min. | Serves 12-18 scones
This cream scones recipe is prepared with raspberry jam filling. You can do more variations according to your desire or simply serve warm cream scones as it is with tea. All varieties of scones are differ only in presentation for instance; jam filling, flavored cream, etc. but the basic scone recipe is same for all.
2½ cup flour
3½ tsp baking powder
4 tbsp confectioner sugar
½ tsp salt
5 tbsp butter (softened)
½ cup heavy cream
Raspberry jam for filling
1. In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. In another bowl, beat butter for just 2-min to make it soft.
3. Add egg and beat to make it fluffy.
4. Then slowly mix the egg mixture with cream so that thick smooth batter would form.
5. Now gradually add dry mixture and fold it nicely until soft dough would form (you may need to use your hands to make good fluffy dough).
6. Roll out the dough to make it flat having thickness of approx. 1-inch and then using round mold of lemon size cut into round shapes.
7. Place them on a greased baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 15 min until become brown form top.
8. Then cool them to room temperature and cut from the center to fill raspberry jam in the center and serve with tea.
photo source : 1