Preparation time : 50 min. | Serves medium size bread
This Mexican cornbread recipe is prepared with jalapeno and onion flavor which makes this bread little spicy, while the batter of bread is prepared with cornmeal and flour along with creamed corns hence become corn rich bread.
1 cup cornmeal
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp baking powder
2/3 cup milk
Salt to taste
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp crushed black pepper
1/3 cup vegetable oil
½ cup chopped onion
1 can creamed corn
1 cup grated Cheddar
1 cup chopped jalapeno peppers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together dry ingredients including corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add eggs, milk, oil and creamed corn and mix well to make smooth batter.
4. In a separate bowl, mix cheddar, onion, jalapeno, parsley and salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Take a greased baking pan for bread and pour half of the batter in it, spread a layer of cheddar mixture evenly onto the batter, then pour remaining batter and in the end top with remaining cheddar mixture.
6. Place the pan in preheated oven for 30-40 min. until become done.
photo source : 1