Preparation time : 50 mins | Serves 6 persons
This caramel apple cake recipe is more or less same other fruit cakes, the only difference is use of egg whites instead of putting whole egg into the batter, this results in much lighter cake as compare to others.
125 gm all purpose flour
175 gm brown sugar
4 oz margarine (softened)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
Few drops of vanilla extract
3 egg whites (beaten)
1 cup apples (peeled and sliced)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
50 gm margarine (melted)
50 gm brown sugar
4 tsp milk
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Combine dry ingredients together in a bowl including flour, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar, then sift them together so that they can mix well.
3. Now beat margarine using beater so that it would become fluffy.
4. After that add vanilla extract and egg whites to the butter and beat again to make smooth paste.
5. Now gradually add dry mixture to the margarine batter and mix using flat rubber spatula. In the end add apple slices to the batter.
6. Pour the cake batter into a greased baking pan and bake for at least 40 mins. in preheated oven until become brown from top.
7. To prepare topping for apple cake, cook the ingredients in a saucepan mentioned for topping until become thick, it would take 8-10 mins.
8. When the cake becomes ready cool it to room temperature and then pour the prepared caramel sauce as topping.