This carrot cake cupcake recipe is prepared with cream cheese frosting. In this recipe walnuts are used with carrots but you may also add currants or raisins to get more flavor.
½ cup vegetable oil
2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp grated carrots
½ cup chopped walnuts
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
3½ tbsp butter (softened)
6 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
1. Take a large mixing bowl and cream together sugar and eggs.
2. Then slowly add in oil but don’t stop beating, you will have to do both adding oil and beating mixture simultaneously.
3. Now add vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, cinnamon powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
5. Add this mixture into the egg mixture and just fold using spatula till smooth batter would form, then add in walnuts and grated carrot and mix them well.
Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and fold very well.
6. Pour the batter into the cup cake cases place over the cupcake baking sheet and bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 15–20 mins.
7. Meanwhile prepare frosting, beat cream cheese at slow speed till become fluffy then add butter and sugar and beat till thick frosting is formed.
8. When the cupcakes are ready, cool them to room temperature and then top with the prepared cream cheese frosting and sprinkle some chopped walnuts.
photo source : 1