200 gms margrine (softened)
1 cup carrots (crushed)
1 cup orange juice
12 oz brown sugar
12 oz plain flour
3 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn cinnamon powder
8-10 small raisins
|Wilton Performance Pans Hexagon Pan Set|
|Wilton Performance Pans Round Pan Set, 3 Inches Deep|
|Oxo Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set|
|MIU Stainless-Steel 7-Piece Measuring Cup Set|
1. Take a bowl and beat softened margrine by using electric beater till it becomes smooth.
2. Add brown sugar in it and beat atleast for 5 mins to mix sugar well.
3. Now add egg yolks and just mix them into the sugar margrine mixture.
4. In a separate bowl beat egg whites to form smooth foam. Make sure that you should not beat them too much otherwise liquid sets in the bottom and foam on the top which will make your cake hard, you have to beat just to make white foam, it takes 5 minutes.
5. Mix the egg whites in the margrine mixture and add half cup of orange juice in the mixture.
6. In a plate mix flour, cinnamon powder and baking powder and by using wooden stick fold the mixture in the flour.
7. In the end, add some of the crushed carrots and raisins in the cake batter and mix well.
8. Pour the cake batter onto the baking cake pan of your own choice and sprinkle rest of the carrots on the top and put into the preheated oven at 180 degree C or 350 degree F for at least 25-30 mins. You can check by inserting knife tip into the cake if it takes out clean then cake is ready.
9. Let the cake to be cooled at room temperature and pour the remaining orange juice over the cake and put into the fridge for few minutes to chill.
This carrot cake is served best at tea time.