Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 12 cupcakes
This fairy cupcake recipe is one of simple cupcake particularly for children, in this recipe lemon glaze with colored chocolates are used for topping. You can use any other topping like chocolate, cream, etc. but use of colored chocolates with these toppings make attractive for children
½ cup butter (softened)
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp milk
For Lemon Glaze:
4 oz icing sugar
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon
Colored chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cream butter and sugar together for 4-5 mins in a mixing bowl.
3. Add eggs one by one and gently beat them with the mixture.
4. Mix and sieve the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
5. Then fold it into the egg mixture to make smooth paste.
6. Add milk and mix it well in the batter.
7. Pour the batter into the greased cupcake pan and then place in preheated oven for just 12-15 mins.
8. When the cupcakes become light brown from top take them out from the oven and cool to room temperature.
9. Meanwhile prepare lemon glaze for topping, for that you need to blend lemon juice and icing sugar together until become thick and creamy in texture.
10. Pour this lemon glaze on top of each cupcake and sprinkle some colored chocolates. Delicious fairy cupcakes are ready to serve.