This sweet potato cake recipe is best to prepare during holiday season like Christmas or New Year so that you can enjoy sweet potato cake with its fresh flavor. Though it takes quite more time to prepare but its not matter for holidays I guess.
1½ cup cooking oil
2 cup sugar
4 eggs (separated)
4 tbsp hot water
2½ cup sifted cake flour
3 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1½ cup grated raw sweet potatoes
1 cup chopped nuts
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1. In a mixing bowl beat together oil and sugar until gets thick creamy texture.
2. Add egg yolks and beat again at high speed.
3. After that gradually add dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and fold them nicely with the batter.
4. Then stir in potatoes, nuts, and vanilla and mix well.
5. In a separate bowl beat egg whites till stiff peaks are formed then incorporate it with the sweet potato batter.
6. Pour the batter in a greased cake pan of suitable size or pour it into cupcakes for single serving. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 min at 350 degrees F.
7. Meanwhile prepare frosting for the cake, for that you need to beat together all the ingredients mentioned for frosting and make thick creamy batter.
8. When the cake has been done cool it to room temperature and then top with the prepared frosting.
photo source : 1