Preparation time : 60 min. | Serves 10-12 persons
This chicken tetrazzini recipe is one of a famous casserole from American cuisine. It can be prepared in reduced time if cooked chicken is used in the same recipe. This casserole can be served as main dish on special occasions.
1 ½ cup spaghetti (cooked)
¼ cup bread crumbs
3 ½ cup mushrooms (sliced)
5 chicken breast (cut into strips)
6 tbsp butter
1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp all purpose flour
Pinch of ground nutmeg
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 ¾ cup chicken broth
1 cup evaporated milk
¾ cup parmesan cheese
1. Combine bread crumbs with 1 tbsp of butter and set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan and stir fry mushrooms and chicken with lemon juice for 15 min until chicken have been cooked.
2. Add spaghetti and mix well. Transfer it into the suitable casserole dish.
3. Heat remaining butter in another sauce pan and roast flour for just 2-3 min until pleasant roasting smell starts to come but flour should not turn into brown in color.
4. After that add all the spices including paprika, nutmeg, salt, black pepper and broth and stir well so that lumps would not form. Simmer the sauce for 5-10 min until it gets thick and starts bubbling.
5. Now add milk and mix it well in the sauce, pour this sauce over the chicken spaghetti mixture.
6. Sprinkle prepared bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on top and bake for 25 min until become brown from top.
photo source : 1