Preparation time : 20 mins. | Serves 4 persons
This chicken ginger recipe is another easy recipe which can be prepared in just few minutes. This recipe of ginger chicken is bit more different from other recipes having lots of spices are used to prepare the curry, the sauce is prepared only with stock, soya sauce, vinegar and off course the main ingredient ginger. You can make addition of other flavors and spices according to your taste.
500 gm boiled chicken pieces
½ cup butter mushrooms (sliced)
1 medium size onion (finely chopped)
1 cup chicken stock
¾ cup soya sauce
1 tbsp ginger (finely chopped)
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
4 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp corn flour
1tsp tomato puree
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1. To prepare sauce, in a pan combine soya sauce, onion, ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar, tomato puree, salt and pepper and let the mixture to boil on medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Now in a sauce pan heat oil and add the chicken and cook for 2-3 mins until become light brown in color.
5. Add the stock and the prepared soya sauce mixture and cook till sauce starts to boil.
6. Then add cornstarch to the sauce and stir continuously so that lumps may not form.
7. When the sauce becomes thick remove the pan from heat and serves with boiled rice.
It is amazing what person can cook from such little amount of ingredients and more importantly so delicious and low in calories.