Preparation time : 40 mins. | Serves 4 persons
This Chicken in Foil recipe is prepared with veggies and very mild flavor of basil and pine nuts. You can prepare this recipe with your favorite vegetables like you may add cherry tomatoes and onions which makes the chicken juicy. It could also be one of the best camping recipe as it neither require too much ingredients nor necessary to cook on stove.
1 red pepper (sliced)
1 medium zucchini (sliced)
2 boneless chicken breasts (cut into halves)
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp chopped pine nuts
1 tbsp olive oil
4 squares heavy duty foil
1. Combine veggies, season with salt and divide it into 4 equal parts.
2. Marinate chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, pine nuts and garlic powder.
3. Take 4 heavy duty foil sheets, grease them with butter from the center, place veggies and marinated chicken at the center and seal completely from every side.
4. Now you have choice either you can grill or bake it in your oven or on the charcoal grill. I prefered to grill these foil wraps on charcoal grill because it enhances the aroma of chicken and veggies. On charcoal grill you need to cook 15 mins. each side.
5. Serve the hot chicken in foil with boiled rice or as it is.
For all the fitness and health concious people, you can also include this recipe as a part of your model diet plan since it has various healthy ingredients.
photo source : 1