This kabsa recipe is one of a famous mediterranean recipe which is prepared with chicken and rice in tomato sauce. The dish has no more spicy flavor so it is very light and healthy for everyone.
2 lb chicken
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 medium onions (sliced)
12 oz tomato puree
2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 carrots (grated)
Grated rind of one orange
3 sticks cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste
2 lb rice
¼ cup toasted raisins
¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
1. Fry onions in oil till become light brown in color.
2. Add chicken, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and garlic and stir for 5-10 mins. over low heat.
3. Now add three cups hot water, grated carrot, orange rind, spices, salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook over medium heat, for 20 mins.
4. When chicken cooked completely remove it from gravy and set aside.
5. Add rice into the gravy, cover and cook over low heat for 35 – 40 mins, or until rice is cooked completely and sauce absorbs in the rice..
6. To serve the kabsa put rice on a serving platter with chicken pieces on top and sprinkle raisins and almonds on top.
photo source : 1