Preparation time : 80 mins. | Serves 4 persons
This Swiss Chicken Bake recipe is prepared with Swiss cheese, creamy mayo mixture and little seasonings. These ingredients are baked in layers in a casserole dish and are also called Swiss Chicken Casserole.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast (cut each into two slices)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
8 slices Swiss cheese
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
¾ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup seasoned croutons stuffing (optional)
1. Grease a casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Marinate chicken pieces with ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
3. Place the marinated chicken at the bottom of the dish and spread one after other to cover the whole base.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, ½ cup Parmesan cheese and ½ tsp salt and whisk well to mix.
5. Place cheese slices on each chicken piece, spread seasoned croutons (if desired), then make layer of mayonnaise mixture and in the end sprinkle remaining parmesan on top.
6. Place the dish in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for an hour or until chicken cooked thoroughly.
7. Serve the hot Swiss Chicken Bake with boiled rice and fresh vegetables.
photo source : 1