Preparation time : 30 mins. + 1 hr. Marination time | Serves 4-6 persons
This Thai Chicken Satay is little spicy as almost all the Asian spices are used in this recipe. This chicken satay has some flavor of lemon as lemon grass is used in the preparation which enhances its flavor.
750 gm chicken breast (cut into 1 inch square pieces or 1.5″ slices)
1/4 tsp ground coriander (roasted)
1/4 tsp ground cumin (roasted)
1/4 tsp red pepper
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp curry powder
3 slices galangal
½ tbsp lemon grass (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
5 cloves garlic
1 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp sugar
1. To make marinade sauce blend together the coriander, garlic, cumin, pepper, turmeric, curry powder, galangal, lemon grass, salt, coconut milk and sugar.
2. Add vegetable oil and blend again to make smooth paste.
3. Marinade chicken slices in the above blended sauce for at least an hour.
4. After that insert the slices in wooden skewers and transfer the remaining marinated sauce in a sauce pan.
5. Heat the sauce at medium heat until it starts to boil and then remove from heat.
6. Place the skewers on prepared grill (charcoal grill) and apply sauce while grilling so that chicken would not get dry.
7. When the chicken is cooked, transfer the skewers on to the serving platter and serve it with the prepared sauce and salad.
photo source : 1