Preparation time : 15 min. + 1 hr. Marinating time | Serves 3 persons
This is a slightly modified recipe of the original Kung Pao Chicken from Panda Express restaurant. This is one of a simple restaurant recipe that you can prepare in short time if you marinate chicken earlier.
1 lb boneless chicken breast (diced into 1/2-inch pieces)
2½ tbsp soy sauce
1/3 cup water
2½ tbsp vegetable oil
12 whole dry chili peppers
¼ cup diced green onion
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground garlic
1 tsp crushed red chili pepper
½ tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame oil
2 oz roasted peanuts
¼ cup water
½ tsp salt
¼ cup cornstarch
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Marinate chicken with the ingredients mentioned for marinade and set aside for 1 hr.
2. In a mixing bowl combine soy sauce and water.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok and add marinated chicken in the heated oil, stir fry for a minute on high heat and then remove form the wok.
4. Add chili peppers and remaining oil to the same wok and fry until become dark in color.
5. Add green onions, ginger, garlic and crushed red chili pepper and cook for few seconds on high heat.
6. Add cooked chicken to the spices along with soy sauce and water and let it boil.
7. Mix cornstarch in 1-2 tbsp of water and add it to the chicken mixture and cook until sauce gets thick.
8. In the end add sesame oil and roasted peanuts and simmer for just 2 min.
photo source : 1