Preparation time : 20 min. + 2hrs. Marinating time| Serves 6-8 persons
This chicken fingers recipe has some bbq flavor due to spices and bbq sauce and are prepared by baking method. Chicken strips are also prepared by frying mehtod like chicken maryland which is one of a mild and light flavor of crisp chicken fingers.
2 lb boneless chicken (cut into strips)
2 cup buttermilk
¼ cup BBQ sauce
2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
¼ cup whole wheat flour
½ tbsp ground cumin
½ tbsp ground pepper
½ tbsp chili powder
½ tbsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1. In a baking pan combine buttermilk and BBQ sauce and marinate chicken in the mixture for 2 hrs.
2. After that preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Combine crumbs, cumin, chili powder, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, salt and flour in a large mixing bowl.
4. Coat chicken pieces with the crumbs mixture, press each piece using hands so that crumbs would properly stick to the chicken. Place wire rack onto the baking sheet and then place coated chicken pieces on the rack.
5. Brush each of them with the oil and bake in preheated oven for 15 min until become golden brown and crisp.
7. After that take them out from oven and lightly brush with bbq sauce and serve hot.