Preparation time : 20 min. | Serves 4 persons
This is a slightly modified recipe of the original Southwestern Chicken Chili from Chili Restaurant. The recipe results in the same taste and look that you enjoy at your favorite restaurant.
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup diced onions
1 1/3 cup green bell pepper (diced)
2 tbsp seeded jalapeño pepper (diced)
3 tbsp fresh garlic (minced)
4½ cup water
8 tsp chicken base
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp ground cumin
2½ tbsp ground chili powder
4 tsp ground paprika
4 tsp dried basil
2 tsp freshly cilantro (minced)
1½ tsp ground red pepper
½ tsp ground oregano
½ cup crushed canned tomatoes
4 oz green chilies (diced)
30 oz small white beans (drained)
15 oz dark red kidney beans (drained)
3 lb cooked chicken breast (diced)
Tortilla rolls (as required)
Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
1. In a sauce pan sauté onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic in oil until become tender.
2. Add water, lime juice, sugar, cornstarch and seasonings of cumin, chili powder, paprika, red pepper and oregano to the veggies and cook for 2-3 min on medium-high heat.
3. Add tomatoes and green chilies to the veggie mixture and let it boil.
4. After that add beans and chicken and simmer for 10 min.
5. Pour the southwestern chicken chili sauce into the serving pot and top with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream.