Preparation time : 30 minsw | Serves 4-6 persons
This vegetarian chicken is prepared by using mashed vegetables including cabbage, spring onion, green/red chilies and tomatoes. This mixture of mashed vegetables gives unique flavor in the curry and the combination of red and green chilies make it a bit spicy but you can adjust the spice level according to your taste. This vegetarian chicken is served in sizzling hot dish which makes it more attractive for foodies.
250 gm boneless chicken (cut in small pieces)
1/4 piece of medium size cabbage (or 1 cup roughly chopped)
2 medium size tomatoes
4-5 green chilies
10-12 dry red pepper (soaked in boiled water for 15 minutes)
2 spring onions (coarsely chopped)
1/2 cup tomato paste
3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 tbsp ginger (finely chopped)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tsp mix spice powder (2 cinnamon sticks, 3 cloves, 2 green cardamom, 1 black cardamom)
Salt to taste
1 cup oil
1. At first put chopped cabbage, spring onions, green chilies, dry red chilies and half cup of water, blend all these ingredients together and make smooth paste.
2. In a sauce pan, fry ginger garlic in half cup of oil on medium heat until they become light brown in color. It would take at least 5-8 minutes.
3. After that add the blended mixture of vegetables and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. When the mixture starts bubbling add pinch of salt, tomato paste, black pepper and allow the mixture to simmer for 8-10 minutes until oil starts to separate from the gravy.
4. In the mean time when the gravy is cooking, fry chicken pieces in the remaining oil for at least ten minutes or until all the water of chicken has dried and its turns white in color.
5. When the gravy is done put the fried chicken pieces in it and give final flavors to the gravy by adding cumin powder and mix spice powder. Let the chicken cook for 10 minutes so that it absorbs the flavor of gravy and becomes tender.
6. This vegetarian chicken is served in sizzling hot dish giving a splendid taste particularly with fried rice.