Preparation time : 40 mins. | Serves 4-6 persons
This Chicken Adobo With Coconut Milk is a Filipino chicken curry. It is prepared with a very little amount of oil just for making chicken brown. The recipe is prepared in three steps, first chicken is cooked in a particular sauce, then seared and prepared thick sauce using braised liquid and coconut milk.
2 lb chicken
½ cup white vinegar
2 tbsp fish sauce
3 garlic cloves
1 bay leaf
¾ cup coconut milk
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp crushed red chili
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp oil
1. In a sauce pan, cook chicken with vinegar, 2 cups water, fish sauce, garlic, and bay leaf. When the mixture gets boil reduce the heat to simmer, Cover and cook for 15-20 mins, until chicken tenders completely.
2. Then take the chicken pieces out from the sauce, add paprika, crushed red chili and black pepper to the sauce and then cook the sauce over high heat until it gets thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
3. Now add coconut milk and mix it well. Cook further until sauce starts bubbling and then remove the pan from heat.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan, brown chicken in it for just to give color, it would take 3-5 mins.
5. Then add the cooked sauce to the chicken and mix so they are coated all around.
6. Serve hot chicken adobo with boiled rice.
photo source : 1