This Digestive Biscuits Recipe is 100% gluten-free and healthy biscuit recipe, which you can easily prepare at home. To make these biscuits, whole wheat and oatmeal are used. Both of these are high fiber product that is necessary for everyone to keep healthy and fit.
1½ cup whole wheat flour
1½ cup oat meal
5 oz butter
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp salt
¼ cup milk
1. In the food processor, process together flour and oatmeal. Just give few pulses so that smooth mixture would form.
2. Add butter and process again until fine crumbs would form.
3. Now in a mixing bowl, combine the crumbs mixture, sugar, soda and salt and mix well using hands.
4. Slowly add milk to the mixture and mix until soft and smooth dough would form. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and leave it at cold place for 30 mins.
5. After that take a greased and dusted baking sheet, make medium size balls of around 2-4 inch from the dough and place them onto the baking tray.
6. Now press each ball to make flat using hands and give round shape of biscuit size. Make sure there is at least 1-inch distance between each biscuits.
7. Place the tray in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 15 mins. until become light golden from top.
8. Take them out from oven and cool to room temperature. Don’t touch the biscuits while hot otherwise they may break.
photo source : 1