Preparation time : 20 mins. | Serves up to 2 dozen biscuits
Shrewsbury Biscuits are classical English delight which is prepared in a simpler fashion. Only few ingredients are needed like, sugar, flour, cream, egg and rose water which is the special aromatic ingredient of these biscuits.
1 tbsp butter
2½ cup four
½ cup caster sugar
1 tbsp cream
½ tbsp rose water
1 tsp lemon rind
1. Sift together flour and caster sugar, take out ¼ part and set aside.
2. Whisk together egg, butter, cream and rose water in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in flour mixture along with lemon rind and beat to mix them well to make a smooth dough.
4. Now dust your counter with the reserved flour mixture and roll out the dough slightly thin like normal flat bread.
5. Using round cookie cutter cut the rolled dough into circular cookie shape.
6. Place them onto the greased baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 mins. at 350 degrees F.
7. When the cookies are cooked through take them out from oven and then cool to room temperature.
photo source : 1