Preparation time : 40 mins. | Serves around 6 dozen cookies
These Swedish Cookies are actually butter cookies prepared with some flavor of maple syrup. These cookies are simple and easy to prepare and don’t require any baking skills. You may also make sandwiches of these cookies by putting cream or chocolate sauce as stuffing.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tsp maple syrup
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
Confectioners’ sugar for topping
1. Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, then mix with maple syrup.
2. Sift together flour and baking soda and make a well of it onto your counter.
3. Pour the maple mixture into the well and lightly sprinkle flour onto the creamed mixture and then knead a smooth soft dough.
4. Make eight round balls of the dough and convert each ball into 8-10” log by rolling it using hand.
5. Take a greased cookie sheet or baking pan, place logs onto the sheet keeping 2-3” gap in between each log and then place in preheated oven at 300 degrees F for about 20-25 mins.
6. When the logs get light brown, take them out from oven, cut each log into squares or rectangular slices and allowed to cool at room temperature.
7. Serve the Swedish cookies with topping of confectioner’s sugar.
photo source : 1