Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 3 dozen cakes
This tea cakes recipe is one of old fashion tea cake cookie recipe which tastes good with tea and hence become a delicious tea time snack. You can make it with any flavor instead of vanilla for instance; add coco-powder to make it chocolate tea cakes.
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 cup powered sugar
2 sticks real butter (softened)
1 cup oil
2 eggs beaten
2 tsp vanilla
4½ cup plain flour
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cream of tarter
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Combine dry ingredients together.
3. Beat together sugar, butter and oil until become creamy.
4. Add egg one by one and beat after each addition.
5. When mixture gets fluffy add milk, dry mixture and vanilla gradually so that smooth batter would form.
7. Now take a greased cookie sheet and using tbsp drop the batter on the sheet in circular pattern, keep distance between the droppings.
8. Place the pan in preheated oven for just 12-15 min until become done and light brown in color.
photo source : 1