Preparation time : 60 min. (approx.) | Serves up to 1 quart
This is a toasted chocolate almond ice cream recipe; in which combined flavor of almonds and chocolate add to the vanilla flavor ice cream, the result is therefore, crunchy chocolaty almond flavor ice cream which tastes awesome. You can also use caramel with the almonds instead of chocolates.
1 ½ cup almonds (toasted and peeled)
8.5 oz cooking chocolate (melted)
15 oz milk
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
5 oz granulated sugar
½ tsp salt
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Spread almonds on a tray and pour melted chocolate evenly over the whole almonds. Let it freeze in freezer until become hard, it would take 15-20 min.
2. After that crush the hard chocolate almonds in grinder and set aside.
3. Boil milk in a sauce pan on slow heat.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt until become fluffy and creamy.
5. When the milk gets boil, remove it from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
6. Slowly add milk to the egg mixture and keep stirring while adding otherwise scrambles of egg would form.
7. When all the milk and egg mixture combines to form smooth batter again cook it on slow heat by constant stirring until batter would get thick, it would take 10-15 min.
8. Remove the pan from heat and mix heavy cream in the batter, pour the batter in ice cream maker and follow the instructions mentioned on the maker.
9. When beating done half way add crushed chocolate almonds to the batter and start beating again until desired ice cream consistency would obtain.
photo source : 1