Preparation time : 2.5 hrs. | Serves 9 in. dia. Cake
This is special New York Cheesecake which takes little more time for baking as compare to other cheesecakes. The cake is baked in two steps first with filling only and second is with topping, you may also mix strawberry sauce in sour cream topping and then bake which gives it marble like texture and looks good in presentation.
7 oz graham vanilla wafer crumbs
5 oz granulated sugar
4 oz butter (melted)
32 oz cream cheese (softened)
6.5 oz granulated sugar
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
5 large eggs
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 oz sour cream
2 tbsp granulated sugar
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
Strawberry sauce with chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To make crust combine wafer, melted butter and sugar using hands only so that soft crumbs are form which can easily set onto the base of springform pan.
3. Transfer the crumbs into the springform pan and press tightly so that solid crust would form. Place the pan in fridge until rest of the procedure would not complete.
4. To prepare filling for the cheesecake, beat cream cheese and sugar for 2-3 min at high speed until become creamy. Don’t over-beat the cream cheese otherwise your cake may crack after baking.
5. Add eggs one by one and beat well.
6. After that add flour and vanilla and mix at low speed so that no lumps of flour would remain in the batter.
7. Now fold the batter with whipping cream and then pour over the prepared crust. Place the pan in preheated oven at first for 15 min, then reduce the temperature to 250 degrees F for 80-90 min until become firm. You can check it by inserting knife edge in the center if it comes out clean then the cake is ready to take out from oven.
8. While the cake is baking prepare topping, for that you need to lightly beat sour cream, sugar and vanilla until become creamy in texture.
9. When the cake has been done spread the layer of prepared topping on top surface and again bake for further 15 min.
10. After that cool it to room temperature and then top with strawberry sauce.